When talking about Design & usability , our university [AMA] strongly fails in the test and falls in a bad category [ websites that suck !].
Lets Begin from the base structure :
- Whoever built this crap , it was ready made template , prolly template monster .
- Where are the Meta tags ?!!! you guys aren't serious are you ! 5-6 years since establishment and you still don’t have a proper Webby ?
- CSS is unknown to this site , in other words CSS wasn't used !
- What about Validation , why don’t you have a look your self !59 errors .http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amaiu.edu.bh
Now lets have a look at the touchy feely of the site:
- Buttons that doesn't work !
- Bad fonts and text alignment .
Readability contrast , poor readability ( white background and white text ! )
What a thumbnails !
Poor student interactivity , no news section , no forums or student community (they been hacked before due to cookies bug in phpbb forums) don’t ask me how I know this 😉 , dam I lost my favorite snapshots of the hacked forums !
Message for the AMA
site builder, Usability in few lines :
the content is worthwhile
- it is easy to find desired information within the site
- pages download quickly and there are not too many "clicks" between the front page and a target page
- the page is pleasantly, cleanly designed